(b 1984) completed his studies at the Department of Fine Art, Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB). He completed his master’s degree also at the Fine Art Study Program, Bandung Institute of Technology.
Gabriel focusing on explores the inclusion of new materials into his artistic practice that previously concentrated in stone carving. The inclusion of polyresin and acrylic sheets enables him to discuss contradiction and opposition, and the possibilities to establish balance and harmony from two contradictory entities.
Gabriel has participated in several national and international exhibitions. He has also
participated in artist residency programs at Sungai Segget Public Art Programs, Johor
Bahru, Malaysia (2017). In 2018 he doing two solo exhibition in a row, KONTRAS MATERI
(Orbital Dago, Bandung), and SELA SAWALA (CG Art Space, Jakarta).
Gabriel is Lecturer in Indonesia Art and Culture Institute – Bandung, also running his art studio, Artes Indonesia for several Commission Works
2018• Kontras Materi, Orbital Dago, Bandung
• Public Art Installation with CGartspace, Plaza Indonesia, Jakarta
• Sela Sawala, CGartspace, Jakarta
SHORT LISTED EXHIBITIONS
2021• “Art Moments Jakarta Online” Online”, Isa Art & Design, Jakarta, Indonesia
• “Indonesia Art Expo 2021”, L Project, Jakarta, Indonesia
2020• “Use Your Illusion Edwin’s Gallery, Jakarta, Indonesia
• “Poetic Vector“, Artsociates Lawangwangi, Bandung, Indonesia
• “Seni Rupa Kontemporer ¿”, SAKARSA Art Space, Bekasi, Indonesia
2019• “Asal Mula Asa”, KANVAZ Resort Hotel, Bali, Indonesia
• “OPEN P.O”, ART Jakarta, Indonesia
• “KONTRAKSI: Pascatradisionalisme”, Galeri Nasional, Jakarta, Indonesia
• “KINIKO PROJECT #2”, Kiniko Art Room, Jogja, Indonesia